Anacortes Mindfulness Community is a practice community in the Plum Village Zen tradition
- Since 2017, AMC has been practicing in the tradition of Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, yet we also draw inspiration from other traditions and cultures.
- Anacortes Mindfulness Community gathers each Tuesday evening, 6:00 - 7:30 pm Pacific Time
- We meet in "Hybrid" fashion, so you may join us either online or in person at Dancing Camel Yoga Studio, 910 15th Street, Anacortes, WA. If meeting with us in person, please arrive 5-10 minutes early in order to find your cushion or seat and settle in.
- To join us online, please submit a request below, and we will send you the Zoom link.
- All are welcome - no experience is necessary!
AMC HISTORY - BEGINNING to the PRESENT MOMENT
In the fall of 2017, Anacortes Mindfulness Community arose from the vision of creating a deeply practicing Sangha to serve our San Juan island community and the surrounding area. From its humble beginnings, located up 55 steps in the top floor ballroom of the Keystone Building at the former Anacortes Center for Happiness, AMC Sangha grew and is now occupying a more accessible space at the beautiful Dancing Camel Yoga Studio. In the midst of our growth, global pandemic struck in 2020 and all meditation halls were closed down. We immediately began meeting via Zoom and that practice continues to this day. In addition to meeting in person - AMC is now a successful "hybrid" Sangha.
Our teacher is Jonathan Prescott, who guides our Practice Leaders, offers monthly Dharma talks, and leads Retreats, Days of Mindfulness, and Practice Periods.
Jonathan's Dharma Talks are available as podcasts and on YouTube. Please subscribe the Anacortes Mindfulness Community on Apple Podcasts or on Soundcloud.
AMC Sangha Officers currently are:
- Ron Wohl - President
- Sarah Roberts - Secretary
- Dave Crockett - Treasurer
- Sue Jones - Publicity, Communications/Membership
- Karl Sander - Communications
PO Box 1514
Anacortes, WA 98221
To join us for practice online, or to contact us with any other questions, please use the form below and share who you are and how to contact you. We'll email you the Zoom link.